Thursday, December 17, 2009

GO, DO IT!!!

“For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again” (John 10:17).

"Many of us want Christianity on our own terms. We want to stay alive - we want the benefits of the Cross, but not the requirements of it. But whereas the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses us with all the pleasures of Heaven, it asks for something in return - our lives"—Pullinger

Check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIc631LALz8

I have always heard it say that the price we pay to become followers of Christ is a big price to pay, which I say right on! But let me tell you, what we pay cannot even be compared to what we get back in return from our relationship with our Father.

"Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. ‘Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. What kind of deal is it to get everything you want but lose yourself? What could you ever trade your soul for?’” [Matthew 16:14-16 (MSG)].

Dying to self is not something we do once and for all; instead it is something that we are to intentionally pursue daily through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. In order to serve and be used by God He needs to be the 100%. I have to become a 0 on the side for Him to be ALL. Radical? Yes it is, but there is nothing more joyful for a human life than to be used by a great and merciful God and to be part of His work.

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you" (John 15:12-14).

He gave his life for you and I, the least we can do is to do the same. And know that wherever He sends you He will provide for you the gas to get there, and the resources to stay there.

All for His Glory,

No comments:

Post a Comment