Friday, March 5, 2010

The Power Source

“…behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming down on Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:16-17)


This passage marks the beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it is His public inauguration. And what made me reflect was the thought of understanding that Jesus didn’t start His ministry until the Holy Spirit came down on Him. This to me says a lot about the importance of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Even as I start my day I strive to face my Father in Heaven first through prayer and the reading of scripture before I face the world. I pray that God will guide me through His Spirit to walk in accordance to His word. Believe me I do not think to highly of myself, I do not expect to go on in my day expecting to follow Christ if I do not come face to face with Him before I get up my bed. I need to remind myself daily that He is my source for everything. Like putting gas on a car or plugging a light bulb in the power outlet, it won’t serve its purpose if it is not plugged or filled with the right source of energy. Same with God, He is my source, therefore I die daily to myself so that not me but the Holy Spirit will guide my steps, the work of my hands, thoughts, and actions. And ultimately all this has a purpose…so that I may know Him, and make Him known among the nations.

The beauty of things is that the same Spirit that descended upon Jesus is available to us today through Him. The Spirit descended upon Him, by Him to be delivered to all believers.

Do not face the world, before you face your Father first,

May the Holy Spirit of God overtake us and may He say to us “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

All for His Glory,


Jorge Vallejo

No comments:

Post a Comment